An engagement & a basket

Recently my best friend got engaged and  I was lucky enough that her now-fiance invited us to come and be a part of it. I was the hidden photographer and some how I held it together. While I was shooting though I realized I love taking pictures and am considering pursuing it as a hobby. My mom was a photographer, so I grew up in the business and am used to everything. Unfortunately I missed out on all of her equipment when she closed shop a few years ago. Guess I know what I will be asking for for gifts for the next year or so!

Since I am in an engagement mood I figured it would be a good time to tell the story of our engagement. Ever since Nate and I realized that we both wanted to spend the rest of our lives together we had a little joke about my engagement ring. As poor college students who mutually hated debt, I knew that he wasn't going to get a diamond from him any time soon - or so I thought - so I always said that I would say yes even if he proposed with a sparkly spider ring. By my senior year, he had graduated and started working as an Athletic Trainer, and we were coming up on our three year anniversary. We wouldn't be able to celebrate on our actual anniversary due to his work schedule so we celebrated a month early and went out to dinner. As we were getting our dessert, he asked if I was ready to exchange cards and I of course said yes not knowing that anything was going on. As I opened mine I noticed something fall out - a spider ring covered in rhinestones - and he opened the blinds of the window next to us to reveal both of our families standing outside. I lost it, I am a very emotional person and I really just lost it and started crying my eyes out realizing what was going on. I couldn't tell you what he said as he was proposing, thankfully I have the card which basically said everything he said then. Of course I said yes and that was the beginning of our lovely little life together. 

Funny enough,  the secret photographer for our engagement was my friend I took pictures for also. She was a crying mess at my engagement too so our pictures were a little blurry but they perfectly capture the moment.

Don't mind the guy in the corner.

Blurry

The ring was/is absolutely perfect.


Anyway, below are a few pictures of us and the happy couple as well as a few detail shots from the day. I also listed out what I included in a gift basket that I made for her.








The engagement basket I made was kind of last minute but I really enjoyed making it and I think it would be something I would love to make again sometime and see what else I could do to get even more creative and fun with it. For this basket I included:

  • a wedding magazine
  • his and hers champagne glasses
  • Hershey kisses
  • thank you cards
  • a note pad
  • the new initial for her soon-to-be last name
  • a frame for a picture of the moment
  • a bottle of champs (not pictured)
What else would you put in a engagement gift basket?

xo,
KatiAnne

Follow along with my daily life by following my on Instagram and Twitter
and keep up with my blog by following me on Bloglovin'!

No comments

Back to Top