Discover Crumpets 'n' Cream

 photo DiscoverCrumpetsnCream_zpsoblliqgk.jpg

Morning everyone! I am off to the spa today, but I didn't want to leave you hanging so it is time for a discover day.

 photo DiscoverCrumpetsnCream2_zpsmttlw7tt.jpg

Meet Meagan, a born-and-bred Washingtonian who blogs about books, food, and traveling. And now I am handing it off to her!

Hi Kati Anne! Thanks for letting me come over and guest post. I’m excited to be here!

Let's start at the beginning, tell us about yourself. What inspired your blog and what can we find there?

I joined a foodie-lit book club in February 2013, and for our first meeting we were tasked with bringing a dish representative of our families, whether it meant our heritage, comfort food, a tradition, etc. I brought Swedish meatballs, the quintessential easy dish that feeds a lot of people. We’ve had it at a number of family gatherings, and we all love it!


The ladies at book club quickly asked for the recipe, and as we’d just spent a half hour discussing well-known food blogs (that I’d never heard of before J, whether Smitten Kitchen, Not Without Salt, The Wednesday Chef, etc.), I felt rather inspired to start a blog of my own. It was a quick and easy way to share the recipe with a lot of folks at once!

When you aren't blogging, what are you doing?

You’ll inevitably find me somewhere with a book – or two! I have a book with me wherever I go – think Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls – and am usually reading several books at once. I’m very much a contingency reader, having a variety of books to fit whatever mood I might be in.

I also like to attend sci-fi and fantasy conventions; 2015 has a ton descending on Seattle: from Rustycon over MLK Day weekend, to Emerald City Comicon in March; then we have Anglicon and Galacticon over the summer. And yes, I’ll be there in costume Every. Time.

You have three main categories on Crumpets 'n' Cream (Cooking, Traveling, Reading), so what is your favorite food/recipe, place to visit, and book?

Oh, my. One of my favorite things to make (and I’m drooling just thinking about it) is balsamic-glazed bison loaf. Om nom. It’s moist, from all that balsamic, and it has a great ratio of bread to meat.

Travel-wise, I’ve visited Cannon Beach, Oregon, at least once (if not twice) a year since elementary school; it’s definitely the place outside Seattle that I feel the most at peace and home. If I could buy a place anywhere, I would pick Cannon Beach in a heartbeat. Other top spots include Israel (the history! the open air markets! Jerusalem and Ein Gedi!); and Neuschwanstein Castle (Bavaria, Germany). Neuschwanstein is truly a fairy-tale castle; I can see why Disney used it as inspiration for the Sleeping Beauty Caslte – and maybe that’s why Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney movie!

What are some of your favorite posts and why?
I loved writing my lembas-bread post (and, for that matter, beef stew); I’m an absolute LOTR addict and making these wafers always puts me in my happy place. It’s not necessarily the most well-written, but the emotional side of it gets me every time.

I wrote two different posts on afternoon tea, and really enjoyed doing both; one is about the food to serve at a tea, and one is about the art behind throwing a tea. My extended family and I looooove throwing teas, and it’s a topic I am quite passionate (and feel knowledgeable) about.


Want to be friends? You can find Meagan here:



Thanks for stopping in on your Saturday. Do something relaxing today!



Follow along with my daily life by following me on Instagram and Twitter
and keep up with my blog by following me on Bloglovin' and liking my page on Facebook!



No comments

Back to Top